Friday, December 11, 2015

'Upon opening the card and reading this strangers words, I was instantly humbled'

Saint Joseph, Missouri

At an all time low point in my families life, someone handed me a "Christmas Jar" from an anonymous person that had included some cash and a personal note inside. Upon opening the card and reading this strangers words, I was instantly humbled, and I felt so blessed and thankful that someone felt so moved as to go out of their way during the busy holiday season to send some hope our way.

I knew it may not have seemed like a huge gift to some people, but after barely scraping by for many months, it was an unexpected and generous gift to my family and I. The note spoke of the confidence this person felt that I would someday, somehow, when able, pay it forward.

Two years have passed now, and while things are not always smooth, we have been abundantly blessed in many ways, our knowledge of the true reason for the season being one of them.

This is our second year being able to collect our change and to share with other families, to hopefully offer the same sliver of faith and hope, maybe a small promise of better days ahead, or even beacon of light in an otherwise dark room. All of the things this "Christmas Jar" brought to myself and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment