Monday, December 15, 2014

'I am so overwhelmed that I get tears every time I think of it'

Wichita, Kansas:

I was sitting in my chair playing a game on my computer, watching my daughter sleep.  She doesn't feel well and fell asleep on the couch.  My son was in his room going through his closet getting out the clothes that are too small.  It was silent in my house, not a common thing.

Someone knocked on my door, my dogs started barking and I got up to answer the door. By the time I got the dogs back and opened the door, I saw a shadow running across the street.  She got into a big truck and they quickly drove away.  I looked down to find a gift bag, inside of the bag there was a card addressed to me and my children, a book, and a jar with a big red ribbon.

Completely caught off guard, I brought it all inside and opened it up. The card was unsigned, the book Christmas Jars, and a jar full of money. $348.30 to be exact. All I could do was cry.

I am so overwhelmed that I get tears every time I think of it. How generous of someone to give me a jar full of cash.

My story, I am a single mom. I have been divorced for about 7 years now. Last January I started nursing school and my work hours got cut back to 24 hours a week due to my clinical rotation. On December 17, 2014, I will receive my LPN pin. In January I take the state board exam and I will officially be a nurse! It has been a rough year and I am very thankful for all of the support I have. My plan is to further my education and get my bachelors degree and be a traveling nurse.

I can't even begin to describe the gratitude I am feeling right at this moment. I don't know who left me this jar, but I am so blessed that you thought of me and my children.

I look forward to continuing this tradition. It may not be for a year or two, but I look forward to helping someone in need as they have helped me.

I have already read over half of the book. I am thankful for the money, but the restored faith in mankind is what is truly the blessing. It is so nice to know that there are good people left in the world. It makes it easier for me to move forward in my path and keep the tradition of the Christmas Jars going.

Again thank you to my angel and may God bless you.

Merry Christmas!

Dayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment