Monday, February 24, 2014

'We seemed to have received a Christmas Angel this year'

Guilford, Connecticut:

As I picked up my Christmas dinner box from the town I noticed a folgers coffee was wrapped and in my box. I thought ooh yay I love folgers, wasn't sure why it was wrapped just thought someone had donated it that way.

While unloading my box into the cabinets I finally went to reach for the coffee and to my surprise it was quite heavy. I unwrapped it and then probably cried for a good half hour the same as I am starting to tear up now. I had already told my girls Christmas was not going to be much this year because I just cant do much this year. They all seemed to understand however I know they were a little sad.

Without knowing anything of my miracle coffee. I sent out my electric bill (THANK YOU!!!!) and got that paid off. Then I went to the grocery store and did a great deal of shopping. (THANKS AGAIN!!!!).

After that I still had some money left over and I went and got them gifts that I knew they really wanted but they wouldn't say that, they just kept saying don't worry Mom we have each other for Christmas.

Needless to say on Christmas morning when they got up they were so surprised and looked at me and said Mom what did you do. I said actually I didn't, we seemed to have received a Christmas Angel this year. Even my girls teared up they just couldn't believe it.

We had the nicest Christmas and my daughters showed me how appreciative they were and asked who and why. I told them I don't know who it was but they really saved the day. I told them what had happened and what I had done with the money and I explained everything to them. They wanted so badly to thank you themselves but I had to keep telling them I don't know who it was.

I can't thank you enough or ever let you know how much it meant to us. We are so grateful and will never ever forget that Christmas.

Thank you so much for helping me and my girls. I wish there was some way we could let you know just how much you saved the day. Not only the gifts but getting back on track with my bill and stocking the freezer really was just an unbelievable thing.

I can't even think of the words to express how grateful we are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and my daughters thank you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment