Wednesday, February 19, 2014

'Since I was only a 13 year old kid without a job, it didn't fill up very quickly, but I tried'

Ogden, Utah:

I had read the book and decided to start a jar of my own. Since I was only a 13 year old kid without a job, it didn't fill up very quickly, but I tried. There is a lady in my area that is from Mexico. She moved here with her kids to get surgery for her daughter, she had some kind of tumor in her face. The woman makes the best tamales in the world, then goes around the neighborhood selling them. My family always buys at least a dozen of them every time she comes by. I decided that their family would be perfect for the jar. The delivery wan't anything special, it was just a standard drop off and drive situation, but I loved it. I have done Christmas Jars since, and I have already started this years. Thanks for the idea to spread some joy and Hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment