Friday, December 13, 2013

'Words cannot express the gratitude and love I feel'


Janine Solley in Horsham, PA:






I am 44 years old and a mother to 3 daughters and step~mother to 2 daughters. Two years ago I was diagnosed with MS and forced to give up and retired from my teaching career after 20 years. It broke my heart. I had my drivers license taken away and what then felt like all of my independence.

What little energy I have on a day to day basis is used to care for my daughters and husband as best as I can because I want to be able to do something and not have everybody else take care of me. My husband can't work because I can't be left at home alone for more then 2 hours and the money we receive from my pension and SS disability is barely enough to pay the bills.

A few months ago I fell down the steps and was told by my neurologist that I had to stop doing the stairs. We are in the process of trying to raise money to put in a bathroom on our first floor. I keep up a good positive attitude and a smile on my face. I have great family and friends and I do my best make sure my MS does not have any more of an affect on my daughters then it already has.

This afternoon, December 13, there was a knock at the door. When my husband opened it there was a Christmas bag and inside was a jar with $230 and the book "Christmas Jars". I am just speechless.

I have no words for how completely overwhelmed I am with the kindness of whoever did this amazing deed for us. Words cannot express the gratitude and love I feel. We don't let the girls know how hard it's been financially since all of this has happened because we don't want them to worry. They know that it's been tough, but they don't know how hard it's been... how we have gone to my parents for food and money to help pay a bill.

Words can't express how thankful I am to you and and the person who shared your kindness with us. God bless you...!!!!  I don't mind if you use my name.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew so much about christmas jars, I think i will use it as a christmas present and then give it to my brother.

    ReplyDelete