Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Jars Story: 'I think my hope and faith will be restored in humanity'


Tacoma, Washington:

My girlfriend and I have been struggling the last five years because I was a volunteer with an AmeriCorps-Washington Reading Corps program for three years where I only got a stipend (living allowance).  After that I went back to school and have been on Financial Aid.  I just finished my last quarter for my B.A. degree and just recently received a part-time position working with children.  My girlfriend Heather works 30 hours a week at a famous restaurant here in Tacoma that barely pays some of our bills.  Usually, what we can pay is rent.  Six months ago my girlfriend Heather and I decided to join Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Tacoma Washington not realizing how special these people truly are.  The last several weeks mysterious gifts have been showing up for us.  In particular today when we were at church.  As we open the gifts we get to one that was a book titled Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright.  The next gift was a jar labeled a Christmas Jar with one dollar bills filling the jar full.  Our hearts are full with gratitude for these new people in our lives and how we greatly appreciate this true and honest gesture.

I have never experienced something so wonderful in my life until now.  I hope this is a symbol of what is to come for Heather and I.  Between volunteering at the YWCA during this season and these wonderful gesture I think my hope and faith will be restored in humanity.  I hope someday that I can return the favor and do the same for someone else who is in need.

Thank you  

No comments:

Post a Comment