Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Jars Story: 'They helped get closer to enjoying my Christmas and get some of my hope back'

Rigby, Idaho:

The other day I had the worst day I can ever remember. I had been teaching all day, had a parent accuse me of something false and horrible, and hadn't seen my kids till 10 pm when I got home. I had been in tears all day and just didn't know if I could enjoy Christmas. I walked into my house and on the table was a Christmas jar. My husband came home from picking up our son from school and it was sitting on our front step. I yet again was crying but for a different reason. I am so grateful for people who are sensitive to the spirit and knows who needs a little pick me up. My family didn't really need the money but the next day a good friend knew i was looking for a drumset to learn a new instrument and for my kids for Christmas. They didn't know about the Christmas jar but they found a nice one for $100. I was able to get the drumset and put the rest in the bank for safe keeping. It sounds so selfish to buy a drumset with some of the money. But, that person will never know how much they helped get closer to enjoying my Christmas and get some of my hope back.

No comments:

Post a Comment