Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Jars Story: 'It was our Christmas miracle'

Las Vegas, Nevada:

It was a rough end of the year for my husband and I. Our son was born the week of Thanksgiving and I've been out of work since. My husband was down to 2 days a week working, and his second job had barely started. Money was VERY tight for us, especially with a newborn.

Christmas Eve, I was with my husband and 1 month old son in our room, talking to one of our roommates when the doorbell rang. My roommate went to the door, but no one was there. She got scared that someone might jump out at her and didn't open it. Jokingly, I grabbed the 5 pound cat to "protect me" and opened it a crack. No one was in sight, but a jar sat on the ground by the door. It had "Merry Christmas" and our names on it, but nothing else. It was FULL of coins, some money, and a Walmart gift card. I brought it inside, trying so hard to figure out who would do something so wonderful. I finally gave up wondering and accepted it as a gift from someone who wanted to remain unknown. It was our Christmas miracle, a much needed one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment