Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Jars Story: 'In July my husband got sentenced to 7 years'

Aztec, NM:

Last year a week before Thanksgiving, I found out that my husband had embezzled a bunch of money from the buisness that he was working at. His parents were coming in that next day so I called his dad. My father-in-law is a wonderful Christian, as well as my mother-in-law. He is a minister as well as has a way with everybody. So he was the onlyone that I thought of calling. They came down the next day and talked to us at leangth abour our Lord God. My husband, Paul, got arrested the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Stayed 3 months in county, because the bond was 80,000. Due to the loss of his job our income was cut in half. So it was up to me to make the bills. During this time $300.00 was stolen from my purse at work. It was part of my house payment. By this time I knew I needed something that I turned to God. I started going to a church about a block away from the house. I am now baptised and I love our Lord God and have been trying to walk in his path.

In July my husband got sentenced to 7 years. Since it wasn't a violent crime, he is to serve 3.5. We have 34 more months to go. This Christmas was especially hard. My mom passed away September 22, my husband wasn't able to get out for her funeral. So I went it alone. Had my siblings, and my kids, but...Then I realized that I wasn't alone. My Jesus was walking along side me all the time.

But now it's Christmas, and my heart sad and heavy missing mom and Paul. I went out to start my truck before work Friday, Dec 23 when I found the jar with change in it and this book. Haven't counted the money yet. Through out this ordeal I and my husband have found so many blessings. And the jars are one. So I made up my mind that I will start saving my change and give some one a blessing next year. I will pray that my Lord God show me who needs this. Praise my Lord God for all that He has given me and shown me throught out my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment