Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: 'I have to say I am thankful and feel blessed'

Westlake, Ohio:

Christmas morning as my family (my husband, 23yr old son and 20 yr daughter)and I were getting ready to leave the house to go to our families for Christmas day we noticed (what we thought at the time was a wrapped bottle holder and that it was a gift given to our son that he just left on the front porch for the night) so we didn't at first bring it into the house until our son said that it wasn't his gift!

So I brought it inside and opened it up and was truly surprised at what was inside, the book Christmas jars along with a Mason Jar filled with money. Up until I read the Acknowledgements in the book I never heard of Christmas Jars, not only the book but the act of giving a jar filled with money to others who may need it. Of course I was and still am surprised that we were the lucky family to receive one this year! I am of course humbled and very curious as to who had done this for us. I guess it could be anyone who knows that my husband has been out of work for a year and a half, and that we are putting one child through college and are always helping out the other one too! But I always feel that we were getting by. So I have to say I am thankful and feel blessed to whoever has thought about our family enough to give us this wonderful surprise! I have of course finished the book in one day and found it to be a new favorite of mine and my daughter is going to read it now that I am finished.

So this is my story and I am so excited about the jars that I am going to start a jar to give to someone next Christmas! I don't know yet who that will be, but I am sure that I will find the right person when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment