Wednesday, December 3, 2014

'The amount of money collected won't make a dent in their bills'

Chesterfield, Virginia:

I was inspired by this notion of a Christmas Jar last year (2013), which I had not heard of until someone graciously gave one to my sister-in-law (a single mom of an adopted special needs child) who needed some extra help.  

I have been saving my change all year, will be giving to a family who has had a rough time this year (wife has an LVAD, husband has had heart surgery, he was also laid off from his job and now works at wal-mart and wife continues to have multiple visits to the hospital).

The amount of money collected won't make a dent in their bills, but hopefully the anonymous gift will raise their spirits during this season of giving.

May the knowledge of the Birth of Christ bring them peace during the difficult times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment