Monday, December 8, 2014

'I came across a young girl pushing a baby in her shopping cart'

Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania:

I received the book last year at Christmas. I requested a book by another author but the giver confused it with Wright. Of course I was grateful for the book and after reading it I decided it was no mistake. It touched my heart and I immediately started saving in a mason jar to give this year.  

Now a year later I took the jar with me when I was out shopping and wondered who I would be led to give it to. I came across a young girl pushing a baby in her shopping cart and noticed her checking prices on everything she looked at. I decided to give the gift to her and she so thankfully accepted it. She said she would pray for me and we parted.

Some of the stories I read here are so touching and moving and I felt that mine was not as important and was not going to share it. After thinking about it I decided that it was I who received the gift as it is a blessing to me to know that someone remembers me in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment