Saturday, December 27, 2014

'As the mass ends and Nun is singing I sneak the jar'

Las Vegas, Nevada

The Jar gave me hope.

It's been a tough year in many ways and Our Christmas Jar filled up slowly. It sat in the usual hidden spot awaiting it's delivery. It was finally Christmas Eve and I did my best to fill the rest of the jar that morning which only totaled $62 our smallest amount ever. I placed it in my purse and left for midnight mass.

This is the first year since 2007 that I deliver it alone. I received a text from my 74 yr old mom about mass and she changes from pj's and comes with me. Mom has no idea about the jar hiding in my purse. The usher seats us next to a young Nun. As the mass ends and Nun is singing I sneak the jar that had a note inside explaining our tough year and although it was our smallest jar it was a tradition I could not give up on. I carefully pulled it out of my purse and placed it behind her coat.

Mom kept singing as well as the Nun and I the only eyes watching may have been a young girl sitting behind me. I am sure this young woman of faith will put th is small amount to good use. My plan next year is for a jar doubled the amount or more no matter how tough life is and feeling hopeful for my old delivery team to join me.

It has Always been our Christmas Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment