Thursday, December 25, 2014

'10 days ago I lost the most special person in the world'

Salina, Colorado

I knew nothing of these jars and the lovely stories until Christmas Eve. Someone left me and my husband two jars and your book.

10 days ago I lost the most special person in the world. My twin sister. She was a person that the world will miss as much as I will. She had a smile that lit up the world, her friends, and everyone that met her. As twins, we used to joke that she was the butterfly and I was the bee. 

For the last two years, I was so lucky to have the support of my husband, to leave my own job and family and travel across the country to be with my twin, 17 times! This allowed me to see her and to spend precious time with her and to not have any regrets. 

All of this was going on as we were recovering from a very hard few years. My husband lost his job, I was in a horrible accident, I was diagnosed with cancer and was in a horrible mudslide and a devastating flood disaster that almost killed me, my husband and our pets. 
Life throws a lot of twists and turns. I think they all lead us to follow a better path or journey in life. To have a better understanding of what others are enduring. 

I learned how important it is to live in the present and to accept help from others, as well as, to give as much as possible. 

I will start my own jar. I will pass this along to someone in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment