Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'You have no idea how much you have helped my family and touched my heart'

Mount Holly, NC:

I never knew what Christmas Jars were until tonight. This will be the 3rd year in a row that I have received this precious gift. I still am unaware of who our benefactor is, however I am truly grateful. I am a single mother of 2, but that is just the beginning. See my daughter K is disabled. She requires 24 hour care and I'm pretty sure that our benefactor is closer than I am aware and knows this. I work a full time job to try to keep us a float. My son Z is a senior in high school and I will do whatever it takes to see that he gets a college education.

The first year we received Christmas Jars I thought I was seeing things. The jars were left on my front porch and I just could not believe  my eyes. I just stood there looking around wondering what was going on. I walked out into the yard and looked around yet no one was there. I just kept saying I have to find this person. I ask around but nothing.

Year 2 the same thing happened. Christmas Jars were left on my front porch. I did the same thing. All I could think was Who would leave us money just because. Still no one had a clue as to who it was.

Tonight December 24,2013 is year 3. I had I feeling that my precious person may show up so I had prepared a little something for them. However I must say they are good. They left the Christmas Jars before I sat what I had prepared outside. I had no idea what a Christmas Jar was until I opened a brown paper bag which contained 2 jars and a book titled Christmas Jars. To this person I would just like to Thank you. You have no idea how much you have helped my family and touched my heart. I hope one day to be able to do for someone else what you have done for us. I  am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment