Sunday, December 22, 2013

'The smile and amazement on his face was priceless!'

Wasilla, Alaska:

I read your book Dec. 2012 and was immediately inspired to start a Christmas Jar. I saved my change and a few bills all year long. Because I work in a middle school I was able to easily determine to whom to give the jar. He was absent the day before school let out for winter break. He didn't show up the last day either. The plan was to place it in his locker. I told the front office that if he showed up to let me know. He showed up after school to withdraw to attend another school. You see this young man was excited because his mother had just been released from prison and he was going to Iive with her! I was able to watch his response to receiving the jar via our camera system. The smile and amazement on his face was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment