Sunday, December 22, 2013

'I am grateful for those that thought of me in giving me such a divine present'

(This story was submitted in Spanish. Our first ever in a foreign language! See the translation below.)

Bonita Springs, Fl:

Soy una mujer de 55 años, que dejé mi país hace casi 11 años, siguiendo a mi pareja. Han sido años muy dificiles, buscando un espacio en un país extranjero. Cuando finalmente pensé que lo conseguía, me encontré sola. No tengo un compañero real. No una persona que realmente me quiera y me cuide y sea mi soporte. Por supuesto tengo familiares a mi alrededor, pero al final del día, estoy sola conmigo misma y con mis cuentas y mi batalla para pagar todas las facturas.

Este 20 de diciembre mientras viajaba a Miami recibí una llamada de una amiga que me explicaba que tenía un regalo para mí y que era anónimo. Le agradecí y le pedí que me lo dejara en un sitio específico en nuestro lugar de trabajo. Apenas el 22 de diciembre me di tiempo para ir a recogerlo y ¡Dios mío! cuando lo tomé y lo sentí y lo abrí. No hay palabras para explicar lo que se siente. Mientras conducía a mi casa, no podía dejar de llorar y no entendía que hacer. Empecé a leer el libro y empecé a buscar el real significado de mi gran regalo. Sé que no estoy sola. Tú, Señor, y estas maravillosas personas que me rodean son el motivo de vivir. Gracias a aquellos que pensaron en mí para este gran obsequio divino!!!! Bendiciones para todos!!!



I am a 55-year-old woman. I left my country almost 11 years ago, following my companion. It has been very difficult trying to find my place in a foreign country. When I finally thought I had found it, I found myself alone. I don't really have a companion, a person that really loves me, takes care of me, or who is my support. Of course I have relatives nearby, but at the end of the day I am on my own, with all my bills and the battle to make ends meet.
On the 20th of December, I was traveling to Miami when I received a call from a friend, telling me that I had received an anonymous present. I thanked her and asked her to leave it in a specific place at work. It wasn't until the 22nd that I had time to pick it up and oh Lord, when I took it and held it and opened it! There are no words to explain what I felt. As I drove home, I could not stop crying and I did not know what to do. I started to read the book and I started find the real meaning behind such a great present. I know that I am not alone. You, my Lord, and all these wonderful people around me are the purpose for living. I am grateful for those that thought of me in giving me such a divine present. May all be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment