Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Jars Story: 'Words cannot express how grateful my husband and I are for this'


Rexburg, ID:

Dec. 9, 2012 My husband and  were sitting at home about to get our three boys ages 3, 2, and 5 months to bed when we heard a knock on our door. We were both a bit surprised it was about 8:30 and we weren‚t expecting anyone. My husband went and answered the door and from the couch I could see him looking around seeming a bit confused.

I heard him say "what the?" and then he bent down and pick something up. He came in with a pickle jar full of coins and a small present wrapped up with a red bow on it.

We had both read the book Christmas Jars a few years before so we knew what it was as soon as we saw the jar with coins in it. We both got a bit teary eyed, just that month my husband had to go to the doctors for what we thought were kidney stones but after an expensive ct scan that showed nothing the doctor said it was extreme back spasms. Going home with some  pretty good pain killers and a recommendation from the doctor to take it easy for a couple of days he did just that but it didn't seem to get much better and he had to call into work and take about a week and a half off. 

This may not seem like that big of a deal to some but one has to understand that my husband is currently a student and only has a part time job so any days missed makes it pretty hard to come out even at the end of the month. Also having three boys we weren't sure how good of a Christmas it was going to be for them, we had already decided that we wouldn't be getting each other a Christmas gift. My husband is also transferring to a different school and we are going to have to pay for a move at the end of the month.  After our eyes cleared enough to see we opened the jar and found a note that said "fyi Zions bank has a coin counter.  Merry Christmas!"

We also found two $10.00 bills and four $1.00 bills. Our boys were all too eager to help dump out the rest of the coins. My husband and I started counting the quarters, dimes and nickels. We had been given around $78.00 and after taking it to Zions bank we found we had $81.66.

Words cannot express how grateful my husband and I are for this.

I told my husband that I wanted to keep the jar that was given to us and put it with our Christmas stuff so he had better not ask when it comes time to pack everything up if he can throw it away, but at the same time I wanted to put coins in it and give someone the Christmas Jar next Christmas. He being so wonderful said that we could use a different jar.  Thank you so much to the angel that was sent to us to rekindle our faith in knowing that the Lord knows of our struggles.

You have made this Christmas one that my husband and I will remember and retell to our children for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment