Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Jar Story: 'We decided to make this a Christmas tradition'

Pittsburgh, PA:

Since I read the book 3 years ago, we started
our jars.

My children are grown and God has been very good
to all of us. We decided to make this a Christmas
tradition. Every Christmas when they all come to
my house among their gifts is a coffee can with the
words Christmas Jar printed on it. Each family
takes the jar home and starts filling it. I let them
know ahead of time that at Thanksgiving dinner
we will be picking families we feel are in need of
the jars. After dinner we discuss who will receive
the jars. My youngest granddaughter is 11 and
loves going to place the jars at peoples doors.

We pass out 3 jars each year, and if we don't
have enough names we get one from the church.
That is our Christmas Tradition and we love it.

Thanks
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment