Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: 'What a reminder that God is always listening'

I received a Christmas Jar on Sunday, December 19th. It was left on the hood of my car while I was in church preparing for worship. Of course, a copy of the book “The Christmas Jar” was also included.

This was a particularly timely blessing. I live from paycheck to paycheck, and this month there was “too much month at the end of my money” as the saying goes. My cupboards were nearly bare, and I have an overdue utility payment. My next payday isn’t for a few days, and I have been struggling. I did not share this fact with my friends, but of course God knows all.

To find this gift at such a time was truly amazing, and humbling. What a reminder that God is always listening and always cares for us. This selfless act of kindness was extremely touching, especially since I am also grieving the loss of my mother, who passed on November 29th of this year.

I am anxious to start my own Christmas jar so that I may pay this blessing forward next year.

Thank you and Christmas blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment