Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: 'We started praying and asking the Lord who we should give it to'

Rye, NH:

This is my second year of doing the Christmas Jar. Last year I came across the book at Barnes and Noble as I was walking out and decided to purchase it. After reading it, my husband and I decided to do a jar. We started saving our change and at the start of December we started praying and asking the Lord who we should give it to. A woman in our church had a serious car accident and should have died. She was self employed and had no insurance. Through a mutual friend we were able to give her the jar with a little over $200 in it. It was so much fun to give it without her knowing who it was from. This year I was able to give it to a co worker who has been struggling with divorce etc. We have already started our jar for 2011. Thanks to your site, the suggestion of giving a copy of the book was a great idea, I haven't been giving the book but will start. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment