Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: My pay was cut by 40% and I am a single mom.'

Colonial Heights, VA:

FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU JESUS!! THANK YOU FOR CHRISTMAS JARS! TO THE KIND AND COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE OUT THERE!

This year was especially hard because I have been put out of work on short term disability because of an injury at work to my back. My pay was cut by 40% and I am a single mom of two boys and my sister who is disabled and waiting 3 years and still has not been approved for disability and has no income Being the only income in the household I was very concerned and worried as we don't have enough money for our bills let alone Christmas gifts for my children which deeply saddened me. I was unable for the first time to even get one gift for the boys this year.
We went to my mom's for dinner on Christmas eve and when we came back around 9 or so we started to set up some gifts given by our gracious family and my sister went out to the car about 5 mins after returning home and there was bag on our porch! My sister called me out to the living room and was crying. I was not sure what happened at the point but she showed me the bag and in it was the Christmas jar and the Christmas jar book! I was so surprised and amazed I could not speak. I had never even heard of Christmas Jars before. I just want to put out a HUGE thank you to those that do this. We were able to go out to the store last night before they closed and by a few things for the boys that they really wanted!! I will LORD WILLING be able to return that wonderful gift to someone in need next year! AMAZING!!!

THANK YOU GOD AND FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment