Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: 'How could someone care enough about our family to do this'

Oklahoma City, OK:

Things were not going well for our family this year. I had been in the hospital for my heart, and then hurt my back. We were scraping together what money we had to by Christmas gifts for our kids and still pay our bills. I had been praying for help, and trying to find my Christmas spirit. We were sitting around the television watching Christmas shows When there was a knock on the door. With my back hurting it took me a little bit to get to the door. When I opened the door no one was there but there was a jar of money sitting on my porch. I had no idea what was going on so I picked it up and read the tag telling me what a Christmas jar was. I was touched so deeply I couldn't explain what it was so I just handed it to her. After everyone read it we were all on the verge of tears. How could someone care enough about our family to do this. I got up and walked outside looked to heaven and thanked the lord for the answer to my prayers. I came back in and searched the internet to get more information about Christmas Jars. I Shared on Facebook how touched I was and how thankful I was just in case whoever left it there might see it.

We have decided that we need to read the book, and Christmas Jars are going to be a tradition for our family. We will collect all our change for the next year and however many jars we can fill will be given to families that need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment