Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: '9:00 p.m., I was frighten by my doorbell ringing'

Augusta, Georgia:

On Friday, December 24, 2010, at approximately 9:00 p.m., I was frighten by my doorbell ringing. I looked out the kitchen window to see a man standing near a car and a woman wearing a coat with a scarf tied on her head. They did not look familiar. The lady introduced herself,
I could not understand what she said. She asked for me by name and said that she had a money jar that she wants to give to me. Being an elderly person and with it being dark, I was afraid to open the door. I told her that I could not come out side. She asked if there were someplace for her to leave the jar. I told her to leave it on the chair. I immediately called my neighbor to ask her if she could see someone outside my house. She said no. I then called my daughter and told her what had happened. She told me to stay away from the door and that she and her husband were coming over. Unbeknowst to me, my daughter had called the Police department to be on the safe side. When they arrived they found a jar on the chair filled with money. The officer said that he wish they would knock on his door. This is a story with a very happy ending. I truly Thank God for the couple who felt in their hearts to select me to give the jar to. I apologize for not opening the door, but with so much going on, I felt that it was best to be safe than sorry. I pray that God will bless them with more than what they gave me. The jar contained a little more than $60.00 and it was right on time. I really, really, really appreciate it. I truly am a believer of God being an on time God. Again, Thank you to the couple and may God continue to bless them. I also pray that they read this and accept my apology.

Best Regards,

A blessed and grateful great-grandmother in Augusta, GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment