Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'I lost my Mom in March suddenly and lost my Dad in October'

Port Byron, IL:

My husband heard something outside last night. He woke me up to ask if someone was dropping something off to me. I told him I wasn't aware of anything. We could see the bag out our bedroom window on the sidewalk. We both stood there looking at each other very stumped. I went outside to find the Christmas jar full of change and the book. I carried it inside still shocked at what had just happened. This has been a very trying year for me. I lost my Mom in March suddenly and lost my Dad in October after a lengthy illness. This act of kindness has made me think of all the good that is left in this world. I am so thankful to the person that did this. I wish I could thank them properly but I know I'm not meant to know who they are. It definitely brightened my day at a time when I am especially missing my parents. I plan to carry on this tradition in the years to come.  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment