Thursday, December 20, 2012

'I am very grateful to whoever you are'

Ogden, Utah:

Today I received a Christmas Jar. I was at the restaurant I work at when the host came to me and told me there was a Christmas present for me at the host stand. Curiously, I walked up front and saw a gift bag with my name on it. I opened it and found a jar of money and a book inside. I was shocked to see a bunch of $20s in the jar. I am still in shock hours later at the random act of kindness. The total came to $250.

This time of year is hard for a lot of people. Very few people know how much I struggle with Christmas, not just financially but even more emotionally. I had a bad experience years ago where I was traumatized by a person and associate the event with Christmas. I am brought to tears by the fact that for the ability of some to act in a mean way there are many others that act with kind and selfless deeds. Thank you for the unexpected reminder. I am very grateful to whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment