Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Jars Story: 'To whoever gave us this jar, thank you so much'

Madison, Wisconsin:

Christmas has been a time of year filled with joy and sorrow for my family. On December 23, 1990 my dad died after a month long battle with Cancer. Less than a month after Christmas, in January of 2009, both of my grandparents on my mom's side were killed in a car accident. Christmas had always been my Grandma's favorite holiday and since then, Christmas has not been the same.

Just two weeks ago on December 12th 2011 my 25 year old cousin was killed in a helicopter accident.

My parents, youngest siblings and I had just moved to Wisconsin six months ago. In addition to being away from family and friends, we've been experiencing financial difficulties.

I was not looking forward to this Christmas at all. I was determined to make the best of it but honestly wished that I could just sleep through it all and pretend that nothing had happened.

Just this evening, Christmas eve, we were sitting in mom's house after finishing the last of our Christmas shopping when we heard a knock at the door. My mom went to open the door and found no one there but a large jar full of money and the book Christmas Jars.

We don't know exactly how much is in it, but know it's somewhere around $300.

Though the money is much needed, the biggest blessing the jar is not the dollar amount.

To know that someone had saved up all year and chose our family of all the needy people in this city to bless with this jar, is an amazing gift.

It is reminder that we are never alone and God is NEVER silent or far off.

To whoever gave us this jar, thank you so much. God had used to bless us and I hope that you are blessed beyond measure this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment