Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Jars Story: 'It helped to be reminded that others care'

Lewiston, Maine:

I was completely surprised to receive a Christmas Jar on December 22, 2011. I was laid off from my job more than 2 years ago and have struggled mightily to take whatever work I can find and continue to keep on keeping on. This year has been particularly difficult as I live in a very cold climate and just ran out of options to pay bills, heat my home and keep the lights on. While my Christmas Jar won't solve all my problems, it certainly will help me buy some oil. More importantly, however, it helped to be reminded that others care. The hardest part has been to need help. I think of myself as a giver and it hurts me as much not to be able to give as it does to continue to struggle with loss and efforts that do not bear fruit. I am so thankful and can't wait to be on my feet so I can pay this forward. Thank you, Mr. Wright, for your great idea. I am sure I will be sharing future stories of Christmas Jars that I give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment