Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Jars Story: 'I hope to make this a tradition'

Ashtabula, Ohio:

I read the book "Christmas Jars" in January 2011. I asked my daughter if she would be interested in doing this with me, and she was. She asked her father to help us also. I have to admit, we weren't as consistant with putting the change into the jar as I had hoped we would be. But when we counted it there was over $50.00. We decided to use the money to purchase items for animals at our local Animal Protective League. This wonderful organization has been stretched to the limit lately. And humans aren't the only ones who need help or need to know someone cares. We felt good knowing that the cats and dogs would have treats and toys to play with. This experience has motivated us to be more disciplined in our "deposits" into our Christmas jar for the coming year. We hope to be able to fill more than one jar so we can help people as well as the animals next year. I hope to make this a tradition that will be passed on for generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment