Friday, November 18, 2011

'Christmas Jar Story:'The little girl said I was her angel'

Alaska:

I am originally from California but I came here to
Sitka, Alaska to change my life.

The first December was so rough for me because
of the Christmas holiday.It was hard because I
missed my family back in California; I didn't know
anyone here; it was also my birthday, and I only
had enough money to pay for rent for the month.
I was hungry. All I thought about was how I was
going to get food that day or not.

Something really amazing happened to me on
Christmas Eve. I was depressed so I decided
to go for a walk. It was night and it was pouring
down rain. I was walking, a car stopped beside
me. I turned around to look and a little girl got
out of the car and told me, I have a gift for you.
"My glasses were wet and I could hardly see. I
replied, "What is it?" She said, "It's a gift. Merry
Christmas." She said again, "I have a gift for you"
and I said "What is it?"She walked up to me and
handed me a jar. The little girl turned around
and walked back to the car. She opened the door.
Before she got in, she looked at me and then
pointed at me and said, "Mom, that's my angel."
The little girl got in the car and left.

It was dark and the jar was painted with Christmas
trees so I could not really see it. I kept walking.
The jar was heavy so I decided to go back home.
When I got home, I set the jar down. I opened it
and looked at what it was.

It was a jar full of money.

The little girl said I was her angel. In reality, she was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment