Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: 'Thanks to God and my wonderful friends'

Manitowoc, WI:

Today I received a Christmas Jar, and the novel, "Christmas Jars". The story moved me to tears; although I thought I had run out of tears after opening my gift. On the outside package it read, "In hard times, rely on your faith and all will be well." I have had a run of "bad luck" over the past few weeks: We found we didn't have enough money in our account to pay the bills (which we had already sent out); food was dwindling, and of course, there was nothing in savings. I fell at work and injured my elbow, and am just now getting back to work - for 2 hours only - with a two-pound weight limit. My anonymous "friends" at work gave me a $25.00 gift card, and today I received the Christmas Jar. I have no idea who gave it to me, although I have a few suspicions. I plan to send a HUGE thank you to everyone, and post it at work. Today I came down with a severe cold, and just now pulled myself out of bed. However, I know my Christmas will be very merry indeed, thanks to God and my wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment