Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Jar Story: 'I wept in Church and on the way home'

Hello i would like to share my story. I am a 31 yr old wife and mother of three children. My husband and i have struggled for a long time to make ends meet. We attend a wonderful church near our home. We live paycheck to paycheck and we have not paid our rent on time in months. Our bank account was overdrawn and i didn't know what we were going to do for our December's rent. I have been praying to God for help with our finances. One Sunday i was in church and i felt in despair and i felt like God are you still there. I was at my wits end and i was crying standing in the pew alone and all of a sudden this woman comes and puts her arms around me. She starts praying for me and said what do you need. She says i feel you are in need but won't ask anyone for help. She said God sent me to you today and i knew he did to. Well she said if you ever want to talk or you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I wanted to reach out for help but i was embarrassed. One day i emailed the lady in church and asked for help with my rent. I felt so bad and upset for asking that i wanted to tell her don't worry about the rent i will find it another way. She emailed back and said ok i will work on it. A month went by and on the first week of December a group from the church gave us a Christmas jar. We didn't know who gave it to us but that was alright. I wept in Church and on the way home. I know that God loves us and he will use people to show us his love. I read the book Christmas Jars tonight and i felt overwhelmed to send in my story and hopefully restore faith in God and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment